All those responsible for operating road gritting machines and snow clearing machinery.
To provide staff with relevant information to enable them to operate the machinery safely and effectively.
- Inspecting and checking vehicles for safety and roadworthiness
- Inspecting ploughs and practice at mounting/dismounting (if applicable)
- Explanation of spreader controls
- Weather forecasting technology
- Effects of salt on environment
- Need for calibration and correct metering and distribution
- Salt mining, storage, handling and suitability
- Health and safety at work
- Protective clothing
- Weighing and record keeping
- Washing down and parking of vehicles