To train supervisors and operatives in the skills and knowledge needed to safely use ladders in the workplace.
All This course of training is intended for supervisors and operatives who are expected to inspect, use and manage the safe use of ladders during the course of their work.
At the end of the course each delegate will have sufficient knowledge and the necessary skills to use ladders safely, including:
- The legal duties placed upon employers/employees
- The importance of safe working procedures, making reference to the ladder accident statistics
- The selection of the right access equipment for the task
- The ability to inspect, prior to use, and identify common defects, plus reporting procedures
- Safe use of ladders and the benefits of levelling/stabilising devices