NPORS Vehicle Marshal training course
This NPORS Vehicle Marshal training course is aimed at any person who are is involved in the movement of vehicles, covering health and safety and practical lessons on how to move a vehicle in a safe manner.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
Course OverviewOur NPORS Vehicle Marshal training course covers the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshal
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle / machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshal duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures