NPORS Plant Mover training course
This NPORS Plant Mover course is aimed at operators who won't be required to operate plant machinery to its full capacity. Training in the movement of plant machinery - non operational duties; these operators could include plant mechanics, plant machinery delivery drivers etc, who will only move machinery in the workplace, whether it be for maintenance/repair purposes or delivery/collection purposes.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
Course OverviewOur NPORS Plant Mover course covers the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for plant mover use
- Prepare machinery for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of machinery attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures