NPORS Excavator Micro 360 - up to 1 Tonne training course
This course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to safely operate and correctly maintain an Excavator Micro 360.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
Course OverviewTo provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer's handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for micro excavator use
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carry out excavating tasks
- Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.