Construction Plant Competence Scheme
We are accredited to deliver a wide range of industry-led Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) courses to prove the operating skills of workers as well as their Health & Safety awareness.
Not all card schemes are the same and with CPCS it is more than just being given a card to get on site, it's about knowing you have had the training to be trusted to do a good job and to do it safely. A CPCS card helps prove people have the skills and knowledge to do their job, competently on site.
CPCS standards ensure a higher level of testing with greater levels of quality assurance.
A CPCS card is accepted on all UK construction sites and in many cases is the only card to be accepted.
Wilbar Associates offers the following:
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (Red Card)
- CPCS Competent Operator Card (Blue Card) including NVQs.
- CPCS Blue card renewals including On-site Assessments
The Trained Operator Card (red card) is just the first step in achieving The Competent Operator Card (blue card). It is valid for 2 years, during that time the operator needs to gain experience with the machine and go on to achieve the SVQ or NVQ with the relevant units. Once the NVQ is awarded then the blue card can be applied for. The blue card is valid for 5-years and is renewable.
CPCS courses available include:
- A17 Telehandler including the new E endorsement – Suspended Loads (Non Rough Terrain)
- A58 Excavator 360 below 10 Tonnes
- A59 Excavator 360 above 10 Tonnes
- A58 & A59C Lifting Operations
- A40 Slinger/Signaller
- A09 Forward Tipping Dumper
- A31 Ride-On Roller
- A23 Skid Steer Loader
- A36 Lorry Loader
- A61 Appointed Person
- A62 Crane Supervisor
- A73 Plant and Vehicle Marshaller
- A77 Telescopic Handler including 360 Slew
- A43 Screener
- A42 Crusher